Back at it with the Blogs... this time it's not mandatory!
Hi Everyone!
Since I have a little time at work, I decided I would start up a blog for my internship this year. With the help of W&J's Maxwell Fund, this summer I am doing an internship at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Critical Care Medicine. I will be looking at various aspects of pediatric cardiac arrests--more details to follow! I'll be doing this until mid-July, so we'll see how it goes. For now, I'll just add a few pictures from what I've been up to so far since I've already been here for over a week.
School (and finals) finished up on 5/14, and my parents and I took a trip up to New York City for a day. Here's Times Square:
I thought it was pretty funny that the Chinese Government News Agency had a billboard at the top...
Then we visited 1 World Trade Center and the 9/11 Memorial and Museum:
We swung by the World's Largest Macy's Store too:
Afterwards, we went to Philly and toured a couple places to help me get acquainted with the places I will frequent in the next few months and maybe years. Here's TUHS and Katz School of Medicine, my (likely) future home:
We visited Geno's steaks to get some Philly Cheesesteaks... I was a little disappointed though--it wasn't as good as I expected:
Ben Franklin Bridge
30th Street Station--a huge train, bus, and subway station right next to Penn and Drexel:
Some views from my apartment building:
Anyway, I think I have enough for a decent post... I also saw the new Star Wars movie which I thought was pretty awesome. I hope to be posting several times a week, so stay tuned for more!
Since I have a little time at work, I decided I would start up a blog for my internship this year. With the help of W&J's Maxwell Fund, this summer I am doing an internship at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Critical Care Medicine. I will be looking at various aspects of pediatric cardiac arrests--more details to follow! I'll be doing this until mid-July, so we'll see how it goes. For now, I'll just add a few pictures from what I've been up to so far since I've already been here for over a week.
School (and finals) finished up on 5/14, and my parents and I took a trip up to New York City for a day. Here's Times Square:
I thought it was pretty funny that the Chinese Government News Agency had a billboard at the top...
Then we visited 1 World Trade Center and the 9/11 Memorial and Museum:
We swung by the World's Largest Macy's Store too:
Afterwards, we went to Philly and toured a couple places to help me get acquainted with the places I will frequent in the next few months and maybe years. Here's TUHS and Katz School of Medicine, my (likely) future home:
We visited Geno's steaks to get some Philly Cheesesteaks... I was a little disappointed though--it wasn't as good as I expected:
Ben Franklin Bridge
30th Street Station--a huge train, bus, and subway station right next to Penn and Drexel:
Some views from my apartment building:
Anyway, I think I have enough for a decent post... I also saw the new Star Wars movie which I thought was pretty awesome. I hope to be posting several times a week, so stay tuned for more!












Comments
Post a Comment